Advanced technologies – COVID-19 Safety Protocols
At Brookside Smiles, we have incorporated important technology and Covid-19 Dental Treatment protocols to ensure the health and safety of our patients and our staff. These include:
- Social Distancing- We minimize the number of patients in our practice at any given time and follow guidlines on spacing.
- Medical HEPA Filtration- We have installed multiple Medify Hepa 13 Medical grade Air filters in treatment rooms, waiting room and back office to provide a healthy, hygienic, and comfortable patient experience.
- Hypochlorous Acid Cleaning and Disinfection- All treatment rooms and waiting areas are fogged with electrolyzed Hypochlorous acid. Hypochlorous Acid cleaning is incredibly effective in killing pathogens using only salt and water and is extremely safe.
- High Volume Evacuation- In the interest of reducing aerosols we are using the ADS Extraoral Dental Suction System that removes droplets and aerosols effectively, to reduce infection risk and the aerosols generated by routine dental care.
- A Plexiglas partition separates the reception from the waiting room to minimize direct contact between staff and patient, and adheres to COVID-19 safety protocols.
- COVID-19 Questionnaire – A questionnaire with screening questions relating to COVID 19 will be given to each patient to fill up in the waiting room. We request patients to wear a mask and to use hand sanitizer when entering the practice
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)- All our clinical team members have had their PPE upgraded, will be using face shields to protect both the patient and the clinical team member.
- Temperature Readings- All staff and patients will have their temperature taken upon arrival using a non-contact thermometer.
Dr Jennifer Nation and her team at Brooksmiles Dental thank you for your support and positive feedback during these difficult times. We look forward to welcoming you to our practice.